Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day with Kiera

It's a silly holiday, but I get it off every year, and today when Kiera woke up I was planning on taking her to daycare so I could run errands and go cross-country snowshoeing, but she climbed into my bed and looked at me sweetly and said "Let's cuddle!". How could I resist such a sweet request? We spent the morning as usual, watching cartoons and eating breakfast. While watching Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, he showed how to make spinach egg-rolls, and Kiera was very curious to taste these after seeing it on TV. So, we made plans to go to the local chinese buffet for lunch. I enjoyed some spicy foods and wonton soup, while she enjoyed the chicken, and we both loved the crab rangoons, and egg-rolls. We had a wonderful time, and I hope that I have opened her palate to new foods. We then went to the dollar store and bought some more big girl undies and bubbles, but since we were having such a fun afternoon, I also bought her this pink cowboy hat that she picked out, it looks adorable on her (especilly when she put it on for the first time and said "Yee-Haw" while slapping and lifting her right leg!). By the time we got back home she was very cranky and tired, so I put her to bed to "rest", she refuses to nap...LOL. Kiera was so tired that she was up there for over two hours, not all of it sleeping I'm sure. While she slept, I enjoyed some quality alone time reading "Lisey's Story" by Stephen King. After the nap we had a great time playing and goofing around. Leftovers for dinner, and off to bed shortly after that, since it takes her so long to eat. She loves it when I tell her bedtime stories that I make up about "Princess Kiera, King Daddy, and Queen Mommy", especially when King Daddy beats up the bad guys! What a wonderful day!





4 comments:

Jessica said...

You get Presidents' Day off? Dang. Must be nice.

I have perfect picture of Kiera slapping her knee and saying, "Yee haw!" That's awesome.

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...

Love the hat! Emma does too, she is now asking to buy it. LOL Kiera is adorable, and it sounds like a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

Love her hat! She is too funny